The Floor Is Yours
Luxury vinyl plank (LVP) flooring has truly taken the industry by storm, having become a popular option for many home renovators. But is it the right option for you? We’re here to help you answer that question. From installing to cleaning, we’ll give you all the details you need about Luxury vinyl plank flooring by answering all the most frequently asked questions. So read on to learn about all things LVP flooring.
Any flooring project comes with a lot of potential questions to be asked. When it comes to luxury vinyl plank flooring, these are some of the first ones you’ll want answered before you get underway. These will provide a good overview of what LVP flooring is all about.
- What is luxury vinyl plank flooring?
- LVP flooring is a type of floor covering that gives you the rich look of hardwood, without the hefty price tag.
- What is the difference between luxury vinyl plank flooring and laminate?
- While laminate is made mostly of wood byproducts, LVP flooring is made of several layers of durable polyvinyl chloride.
- How to lay luxury vinyl plank flooring?
- Depending on the type, there are several ways it can be laid out. LVP flooring can float, be glued down or snapped together.
- Does luxury vinyl plank flooring need underlayment?
- Underlayment can provide some sound reduction and cushioning, though it is not necessary when installing LVP flooring.
What about durability?
Alright, so now that we understand a little bit more about luxury vinyl plank flooring, we can get into a few more specifics. Here, we’ll explore some details surrounding its durability.
- Is luxury vinyl plank flooring waterproof?
- Yes, LVP flooring is waterproof, making it a great option for rooms like the bathroom, kitchen or laundry room.
- Does luxury vinyl plank scratch easily?
- Thanks to multiple layers, LVP flooring can withstand moisture, foot traffic, spills and, yes, scratches.
- How thick is luxury vinyl plank flooring?
- The thickness of LVP flooring can range from between 5mm to over 8mm. Thicker options are ideal for thin or uneven subfloors.
Last but not least, maintenance
Now you’ve got your new floor installed – you’ll want to keep it looking good too! Luckily, LVP flooring is among the easiest types of flooring to keep clean and maintain.
- How to clean luxury vinyl plank flooring?
- Depending on what needs to be cleaned, there are many ways to keep your LVP floor looking sharp. For most spills, your best bet is to wipe up the spill quickly, use a neutral pH cleaner solution and apply a blue or what scrub pad if needed.
- What is the best floor cleaner for luxury vinyl plank flooring?
- LVP flooring is actually pretty low-maintenance when it comes to cleaning. Water and regular dish soap should do the trick in most cases. When it needs a little more TLC, add in a splash of white vinegar.
Now Take Your Pick!
Congratulations, you’re now an expert on all things luxury vinyl plank flooring. All that’s left now is to go ahead and pick out the style that works best for your home and get started. There are plenty of colours and styles to choose from, so have some fun finding your favourite one.
Check out our great selection of luxury vinyl plank flooring online, or visit one of our locations in Ottawa, Toronto and Hamilton.